Top 10 favorite transactions in BW
Top 10 favorite transactions in BW:
SAP is working with transactions and transaction codes. To start a transaction you just need to enter into the command input box the transaction code and press enter.
Every transaction is connected with a program. You can check transaction codes and programs with transaction SE93. There are a lot of transactions in SAP system. In this article I will try to summarize the most useful transactions specific for BW consultants.
So after this notes here are my top 10 favorite transactions in BW:
- RSA1 – The main transaction of BW. The first place is definitely for this well known transaction RSA1 – Data Warehousing Workbench: Modeling. The BW modeling begins with this transaction. This is the main tool for accessing and modeling of all BW objects: Info providers, Info objects, Process chains, Info Sources, Data Sources and Source systems. From the menu in the left you can select also to access the transport connection tool.
- LISTCUBE – lists the data in the info cube by selection criteria entered in the selection screen. See also how to make pre-selection of the info cube characteristics.
- LISTSCHEMA – lists the table names associated with an info cube or so called info cube schema
- ST13 – BW statistics for BW tools. You can check here various statistics about BW queries, also very good statistics about planning functions are here.
- RSRT – Query monitor; Option to execute query, created in Bex Query Designer
- RSRQ – Check a request by the technical name
- RSPLAN – The main transaction for integrated planning functions. It can be used also to set up a characteristic relationship or data slice on a real-time info provider.
- RSPC (RSPC1 and RSPC2) – Process chain maintenance: RSPC2 can show the process chain before the current one and is very useful to find out the initial process chain.
- RSA3 – Extractor checker
- RSECADMIN – Management of Analyses authorizations – There you can maintain common authorization objects used to define the authorization roles in BW.
See also the list with my favorite common SAP transactions and shortcuts here.